- A hair strand drug test can actually give you a ‘drug use history’ over the length of time of the hair
- The hair grows about 1cm a month, so each section of hair tested can tell its own story
- You can even test hair on people who have been dead for years. We once tested a mummified Egyptian corpse (from about 2500BC) and found traces of cocaine.
- Interestingly, coca plants are not grown in Egypt so we can hypothesise trans-continental travel was much earlier than most think!
- Hair strand drug testing can only be done in a laboratory as the hair is ‘liquefied’ in order to discover the drugs it contains.
- Even when people don’t have hair on their heads, other body hair can be tested
- MI5 and MI6 reportedly have a habit of shaving a candidates left arm pit as part of their induction process
- Between 3% and 5% of people working in the UK today would fail a drug test if it was taken today.
Learn something new? Thanks for your time and we hope you find what you are looking for on our site. We are a friendly bunch here so give us a call if we can help.