Cansford Laboratories conforms to the highest standards of laboratory accreditation across our test portfolio, while investing in and advocating for better standards in the drug and alcohol testing sector globally.
What laboratory accreditation should you look for?
Laboratories can claim to be accredited by a range of bodies, but some certifications are more relevant than others.
The ISO 17025 standard that Cansford Laboratories’ test processes meet is the most appropriate for UK drug and alcohol testing laboratories, and is awarded by the Government certification body, UKAS (United Kingdom Accreditation Service).
It’s important to note, however, that ISO 17025 is awarded on a substance-by-substance basis. As such, a laboratory can claim ISO 17025 accreditation for their test processes, even for only one substance that it tests for.
When choosing your laboratory, use the UKAS schedule search tool to check that the company is accredited to test for a wide range of substances, including your target substance and the relevant metabolite.
Cansford Laboratories is accredited to ISO 17025 standard for testing for the following drug groups and metabolites:
Empty toggle - do not use
Analytes in hair analysis for Confirmation and Quantitation
Ethyl Glucuronide (EtG)
Fatty Acid Ethyl Ester (FAEE)
11-Nor-delta9-THC-9 Carboxylic Acid (THC-COOH)
Analytes in oral fluid analysis for Confirmation and Quantitation
Analytes in dried blood spot analysis for Confirmation and Quantitation
Our accreditation and performance
ISO 17025 addresses a laboratory’s ability to produce precise, accurate and reliable results. Laboratories are re-examined annually to assess:
- The technical competency of staff;
- The validity of their methods;
- Traceability of measurements and calibrations to national standards;
- Appropriate application of measurement uncertainty at cut-off levels;
- Suitability, calibration and maintenance of test equipment;
- Quality assurance of test, inspection or calibration data;
- Customer service;
- Adherence to continuous internal auditing, and;
- Successful participation in Proficiency Testing
ISO 14001:2015 is in place to ensure our business operations:
- Protect the environment by preventing or mitigating adverse environmental impacts
- Mitigate the potential adverse effect of environmental conditions on our
- Fulfil compliance obligations
- Enhance environmental performance
- Control/influence the way our products and services are designed, manufactured, distributed, consumed and disposed by using a life cycle perspective that can prevent environmental impacts from being unintentionally shifted elsewhere within the life cycle
- Achieve financial and operational benefits that can result from implementing environmentally sound alternatives that strengthen our market position
- Communicate our environmental information to relevant interested parties
Testing and calibration laboratories whose test processes comply with the ISO 17025 standard automatically meet the principles of ISO 9001.
Cyber Essentials Plus
Often required when working with government agencies, Cyber Essentials Plus accreditation demonstrates our commitment to keeping customer and donor data secure, and safe against attack or theft.
Of test results delivered within 3 days
Since 2013, Cansford Laboratories has returned virtually every test result within 3 days of receipt.
In November 2018, we delivered 83% of these results in less than 24 hours.
Good Business Charter
Cansford Laboratories is a signatory of the Good Business Charter which is a simple accreditation that organisations in the UK can sign up to in recognition of responsible business practices.
Armed Forces Covenant
Cansford Labs is just one of the 7,000 businesses, charities, local authorities and 3rd sector organisations who have signed and pledged our support Armed Forces Covenant. We are proud to support the covenant and we will continue to be a member of the employer recognition scheme.
Mindful Employer Scheme
Cansford Laboratories is a signatory and supporter of the NHS Mindful Employer scheme which supports and encourages businesses and organisations to lead from the front in relation to staff and workplace mental health issues.
Cansford Laboratories is a supporter of Dementia Friends, an initiative set-up by the Alzheimer’s Society.
We understand that dementia can affect anyone, at any age and that as a business on the front line, our work brings us into contact with people who may have various types of dementia.
“Cansford’s biggest strengths? The staff they have working for them, definitely. They’re all very helpful. The efficiency of arranging appointments, and there’s the timeframe for results coming back.”
Who do we work with?
Organisations with thousands of employees
Family solicitors in the UK
Individuals UK wide
About Cansford Laboratories
Meet the team
Work with Cansford Laboratories
Questions about our services?
Complete the form below and our laboratory team will be in touch shortly.